Teach your grade 1 music class all about pitch, melody, solfege and melodic patterns with this easy low-prep package of music lesson plans & teaching materials.
Teaching grade 1 music without any experience or training? YOU CAN DO THIS.
Anyone can teach music effectively even if:
- You don’t have any music experience
- You don’t have any instruments, textbooks or fancy equipment
- You don’t have time to plan elaborate lesson plans
Music-By-Month is a low-frills-but-high-quality music curriculum that provides quality lessons for students and quick and easy explanations for teachers.
December/January’s lesson plans focus on: Mi, So, La & Melodic Patterns
* This does not include any holiday curriculum. Since many music teachers are focussed on concerts and/or seasonal music in December (and since school holidays shorten these two months), December & January are offered as a combined “month”.
Each Music-By-Month package includes:
- a 4 lesson progression (approx. 30 min in length) with EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the lessons effectively
- Clear, concise instructions – no long “teacher’s college” style plans to wade through!
- Printable instructional materials in colour AND blackline
- A powerpoint presentation file for easy delivery of lessons
- Assessment suggestions
All you need to deliver these lessons are:
- A computer with speakers
- the ability to print/copy sheets for students OR a smartboard/projector
- THAT’S IT!
- A xylophone or other pitched percussion instrument will make delivering these lessons easier, but a link to a virtual instrument is also provided as an alternative
This package was created based on the Ontario Curriculum, but will likely align with other curriculums as well.
Also available to download on Teachers Pay Teachers
There are no reviews yet.