Grade 1 Music Lesson Plans for April – Timbre – Percussion and Vocal Quality
Teach your grade 1 music class all about timbre (vocal quality, body percussion, pitched and unpitched percussion, found sounds) with this easy low-prep package of music lesson plans & teaching materials.
Teaching grade 1 music without any experience or training? YOU CAN DO THIS.
Anyone can teach music effectively even if:
- You don’t have any music experience
- You don’t have any instruments, textbooks or fancy equipment
- You don’t have time to plan elaborate lesson plans
Music-By-Month is a low-frills-but-high-quality music curriculum that provides quality lessons for students and quick and easy explanations for teachers.
April’s music lesson plans focus on: Timbre: Vocal qualities (singing, shouting, whispering, speaking); body percussion, pitched and unpitched percussion, found sounds
Each Music-By-Month package includes:
- a 4 lesson progression (approx. 30 min in length) with EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the lessons effectively
- Clear, concise instructions – no long “teacher’s college” style plans to wade through!
- Printable instructional materials in colour AND blackline
- A powerpoint presentation file for easy delivery of lessons
- Assessment suggestions
All you need to deliver these lessons are:
- A computer with speakers
- the ability to print/copy sheets for students OR a smartboard/projector
- THAT’S IT!
- A a few simple percussion instruments will make delivering these lessons a little more interesting, but are not required.
This package was created based on the Ontario Curriculum, but will align with most other curriculums as well.
Also available to download on Teachers Pay Teachers