What are expressive controls in music?
While musical elements such as rhythm and melody change the basic movement of the music, articulation refer to HOW the music is played.
how to teach
- a strong sound for a note or beat (accent); smooth and detached articulation
- articulation (e.g., smooth [legato], detached [staccato])
- articulation and expression marks encountered in music listened to, sung, and played (e.g., staccato, legato, signs for crescendo and decrescendo)
- articulation (e.g., phrase markings)
- articulation encountered in music listened to, sung, and played, and their signs
activities to teach
no prep lesson plans