Staccato and Legato Lesson Plan Grade 1 Music for March – Expression – Accents, Staccato and Legato Sounds
Teach your grade 1 music class all about staccato and legato (accents, smooth & detached sounds) with this easy low-prep package of music lesson plans & teaching materials.
Teaching grade 1 music without any experience or training? YOU CAN DO THIS.
Anyone can teach music effectively even if:
- You don’t have any music experience
- You don’t have any instruments, textbooks or fancy equipment
- You don’t have time to plan elaborate lesson plans
Music-By-Month is a low-frills-but-high-quality music curriculum that provides quality lessons for students and quick and easy explanations for teachers.
March’s lesson plans focus on: Expression: Accents, Smooth & Detached Sounds
Each Music-By-Month package includes:
- a 4 lesson progression (approx. 30 min in length) with EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the lessons effectively
- Clear, concise instructions – no long “teacher’s college” style plans to wade through!
- Printable instructional materials in colour AND blackline
- A powerpoint presentation file for easy delivery of lessons
- Assessment suggestions
All you need to deliver these lessons are:
- A computer with speakers
- the ability to print/copy sheets for students OR a smartboard/projector
- THAT’S IT!
- A few simple percussion instruments will make delivering these lessons a little more interesting, but are not required.
This package was created based on the Ontario Curriculum, but will align with most other curriculums as well.
Also available to download on Teachers Pay Teachers