Farm Dramatic Play – Drama Activity – Farm Themed Guided Role Play Freebie
Farm Dramatic Play – Primary Drama Activity for Kindergarten, Grade 1 & Grade 2 – Farm Theme Role Play Freebie
Teaching drama in early primary can seem very difficult because students are so limited by their reading ability. Instead of getting stuck using dull, overly simplified texts, try guided role play instead.
What is guided role play?
Guided role play allows your students to explore characters and dramatic movement by improvising responses based on prompts in special skit-stories. The teacher reads the story out loud and pauses after each prompt to allow students to interpret the story, adding their own dialogue, movements, and details.
By using a variety of activities all based around the same theme, students have the opportunity to build a vocabulary of characters, movements, and words.
This freebie contains ONE (1) guided role play skit-story for two characters.
The FULL version of this resource contains:
- Three (3) high quality skit-stories for whole-class or small-group instruction
- Backdrop sets for each skit (to be used with a projector)
- Farm-themed movement cards for group warm-ups or center play
- Farm-themed soundscape activity instructions with student assignment cards
- Character cut-outs for puppets or headbands