Tap Dance Lesson Plans – Dance & Rhythm Combo Unit (Dance & Music)
Tap Dance Unit with Rhythm Review – Dance and Music Combo
If you’re looking for a quick and easy hands-on dance unit, this resource will save you tons of time! This 6-lesson dance unit not only teaches the basics of tap, it also serves as a music review of rhythm concepts such as beat, quarter note, quarter rest, and pairs of eighth notes. Better yet, you don’t need to be an experienced dancer to teach it! Each lesson includes lesson plan, links to video demonstrations, and a Powerpoint presentation file that includes sound files to make practicing easier.
Like all of my performing arts units, this was created by me – a performing arts specialist – but created in such a way that it is easy for anyone to teach it successfully. Easy enough for you to leave for a sub – but so high quality that you’ll be proud to teach it yourself.
– Tap shoes are NOT required to use this unit. Whatever shoes the kiddos are wearing (as long as they won’t slide off!) will work just fine.
Tap Dance Unit Contents
- Lesson 1 – Step, Stamp, Stomp & Steady Beat
- Lesson 2 – Brush, Spank & Quarter Rest
- Lesson 3 – Transfer of Weight & Cut n Paste Combo Activity
- Lesson 4 – Cramp Rolls & Pairs of Eighth Notes
- Lesson 5 – Simple Combos & Tap Dictionary Interactive Notebook
- Lesson 6 – My Tap Combo Activity & Worksheet (original combo based on a given rhythm sequence)