Elements of Dance – Ballet Workbook
Teach the elements of dance with a classic ballet dance unit. These print-and-go ballet worksheets teach primary students all about the elements of dance as well as the basics of ballet in a fun and engaging way.
You can teach dance like a rockstar… even if you’re not a specialist! This ballet dance unit workbook teaches real ballet elements, created by a dance specialist, but made to be used by regular teachers.
⭐ Note: My products strive to be as inclusive as possible. This unit includes images of both boys and girls dancing.
This ballet workbook includes:
- A 14 page student workbook that includes both information, colouring, and activities:
- ballet & elements of dance title page
- elements of dance: body
- body: ballet hands
- body: five positions of the feet
- elements of dance: action
- action: locomotor
- action: non-locomotor
- elements of dance: space
- space: levels
- elements of dance: time
- elements of dance: energy
- elements of dance: relationship
- relationship: principal & corps
- elements of dance: review
- A suggested list of activities to go with each lesson.
“My Ballet Workbook” is a print-and-go resource for students to learn the Elements of Dance within the context of ballet. It can be used for distance learning as well as in-class lessons and would be an excellent way to keep students engaged while watching a filmed ballet performance. The workbook applies directly to the “Elements of Dance” Ontario curriculum guidelines for grades 1-3.